Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 9. Someone you love: Meeting Haddie

Children born in 2011 will never know what the world was like before Ipads and Skype.

My Husband and I have been having weekly/bi-weekly skype dates on Sundays with his sister and her husband recently. We do this because we like them, but also because they just had their first baby. It's a girl. They named her Haddie.

Because my husband and I live in Alaska and his sister and husband live in Ohio, visiting time is limited. So I guess you could call us the Computer Screen/ Virtual Aunt and Uncle. We do everything that an Aunt and Uncle would do in real life (well except holding her). We coo to her, we talk to her in a high pitch voice and we take at least three or four pictures (screen shots) every time we see her.

Today in Alaska, We had a family dinner at my parents. My Nephews were over and I had promised them that they would be able to see Haddie. They were very excited.

 Waiting in great anticipation 

Discussing Haddie
Excitedly waving to the baby girl.

Technology is good.


~Libby of The Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment